Dayara Bugyal Trek
About Dayara Bugyal Trek
Dayara bugyal is situated in Uttarakashi district of Uttarakhand. Dayara Bugyal is high altitude meadow in the height of 11000 – 12000 feet. Bugyal means high altitude meadow spread over an area of 28 sq/kms. It is the best trek for natural lover & photography having natural beauty, giant meadows, thick forest, waterfalls & mountain views. Dayara bugyal is skiing and snow trekking spot in winter season.
Trek Region: Uttarkashi-Uttarakhand | Trek Duration: 05 Days | Difficulty Level: Easy | Altitude: 1100 -12,000 ft. | Approx Trekking Km : 29 kms
Day 1: Rishikesh – Barsu
Day 2: Barsu – Bharnala Tal
Day 3: Bharnala Tal – Dayara Bugyal
Day 4: Dayara Bugyal – Barsu
Day 5: Barsu – Rishikesh
Day1: Rishikesh to Camp Bugyalsarai, Barsu
Leave for Barsu village in the morning. Lunch on the way. Arrive at Camp by late afternoon and relax with a hot cup of tea. The camp overlooks the Himalayan peaks of Gangotri I, II and III, Jaunli, Draupdi ka Danda and Srikanth. Bonfire, dinner and overnight stay in tents. Barsu is the starting point for the Dayara Bugyal trek.
Day 2: Barsu – Barnala
Have an early breakfast and get ready for a trek to Barnala lake (2700 m) about 5 hours away. Lunch enroute. Reach Barnala by late afternoon. Explore the forest around the lake and do some bird watching. Bonfire, dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 03: Barnala – Dayara Bugyal
Have breakfast and prepare to trek to Dayara. The bugyals( (meadows), spread over 28 sq kms, are grazing grounds for sheep and cattle and have a 270 degree view of the Himalayas. Spend rest of day walking around the meadows.
Day 04: Dayara – Goey.
This is the last day of the Dayara Bugyal Trek.Wake up to a lovely sunrise and walk a little higher for a nice view of Bandarpoonch (6500 mtrs). After breakfast, start walking back to Goey, approx 3 hrs. Reach Goey by late afternoon.
Day 5: Drive back to Rishikesh.
Inclusive / Exclusion
• Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping).
• All Meals while on trek & transits (Veg.) (Egg).
• Trek equipments.
• First aid medical kit.
• Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• All transportation during the trek program.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
• Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Price Includes”.
Up to 30 Days :- 90% of Trek/adventure program cost will be refund.
Between 21 – 30 Days: – 60% of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost will be refund.
Between 20 – 11 Days: – 30% of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost will be refunded.
Less than 10 Days: – No refund. – See more at: http://gohimalayas.com/refund-policy/
Things to carry for Trekking:
1. Backpack of 50 -60 ltrs and Daypack of 20 ltrs.
2. Good Quality Trekking Shoes with extra pair of shoes
3. Sunglasses, Cap/Hat, towel etc.
6. Full sleeve Sweater
7. Track pants
8. Water Bottle
9. Full sleeve warm Jacket
10. Rain coat lightweight
11. Warm Gloves
12. Camera, Memory Card,Batteries, Power bank
13. Head Light or torch
14. Personal toiletries & Sun lotion, vaslene etc.
15. Personal Medication if any
16. Sleek(light-weight) blanket