Sinla pass Situated in Kumoun region of Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand. This valley is less explored because of border area of India, Tibbet, and getting permission is one of the challenge here. This trails pass through Dharma Valley, Bidang Valley, Kutti Yanki Valley.
- Itinerary Details
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Sinla pass Trek Situated in Kumaon region of Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand. This valley is less explored because of border area of India, Tibbet, and getting permission is one of the challenge here. This trails pass through Dharma Valley, Bidang Valley, Kutti Yanki Valley.
Sinla Pass trek ancient Trade route for bhotiyas with Tibet, around the year this pass is full of snow. The Pithoragarh Sin La Trek, which is one of the moderate to challenging treks in the Kumaon Himalaya region, starts from Pangu, which is approximately a 144 kilometers drive from Pithoragarh. From Pangu the trek snakes through a dense wood and cut across several streams to Gala, which is approximately 23 kilometers away. From there, the journey leads to Gunji at 3,500 meters via Budi. The trail from Budi to Gunji has a steep climb and one has to walk through a boulder ridden track. From Gunji the trek to Jolinkong, which is approximately 17 kilometers away, is filled with several obstacles like uphill, downhill and narrow tracks randomly scattered and sharp twists. From Jolinkong a steep climb heads to Parvati Lake and then the route snakes to Daktu via Bedang and winds up at Sin La. From Sin La the downhill trek follows to Baling, which is approximately 18 kilometers away and descends to New Sobla, wherefrom the motorable road starts and one can drive to Almora via Dharchula.
This route also follow by Adi Kailash Om Parvat pilgrimage yatra and thousands of pilgrims take part in this yatra, there is KMVN huts and guest houses can found on the way.
How to Reach
By Train : Kathgodam/Haldwani nearest railway station.
By Bus : Kathgodam/Dharchulla/Haldwaani can be reached by bus, you can get direct bus for Kathgodam/Haldwani from Delhi.
By Air : Pantnagar is nearest Airport but few flights only, Delhi/Dehradun is better option and from there hire bus/taxi getting here.
Formalities & Documentation
- PCC: Police Clearance Certificate (from your local police station, not involved in any wrong activity)
- Medical Certificate: Valid only by Dharchula Hospital
- Photo Identification Cards like: Voter Card, Aadhar Card, Passport
- Latest passport size photos as required
- Affidavit (self-responsible for any type of incident on the route of travel)
Trekkers must keep 2-3 days reserve for this yatra because due to bad weather sometime we have to see Om Parvat and Adi Kailash.
Things To Carry
- Back-Pack 60Ltrs with Cover 01
- Daypack 20Ltrs with Cover 01
- Worm Inner Garments 02 Pairs
- Good Quality Trekking Shoes
- Sunglasses 01
- Cap/Hat, Balaclava 01-01
- Towel 01
- Slippers 01
- Full sleeve Sweater 01
- Full sleeve warm Jacket 01
- Hiking Pants/Trousers and Shirts 03 Pairs
- Water Bottle 2Ltrs 01
- Wind/Rain Proof Jacket or Trouser Lightweight 01 Pairs
- Warm Gloves Inner- Outer 01-01
- Camera, Memory Card, Batteries, Power bank As per requirement
- Head Light or Torch 01
- Personal Toiletries & Sun Lotion, Lip Salve, Cold Cream, Vaseline etc. As per requirement
- Personal Medication if any
- Hiking Poles 01
- Woolen Socks 03
- Long Trousers / Long Shirts / T-shirts etc. 02-02-02
- Original ID Proof & 2 Photographs
No details found.
Arrive kathgodam & Drive for Dharchula(1856 Km) : 260 km : 7 hrs.
Dharchula - Pangu- Gala(2456 M)-45 km Drive & 18 km Trek – 7-8 Hours
Gala to Budi (2745 m) : 20 km -7.5 Hours.
Budi to Gunji(3500M) : 16 km -6 Hours.
Gunji to Kutti(3590M) : 18 km -6 hours
Kutti to Jolinkong(3890M) : 16 km-6 hours
Jolinkong to Parwati Lake(4560 M) & Back – 10 km : 4.5 Hours
Jolinkong to Bedang via Sinla Pass( 5495 M) : 15 km : 7-8 Hours
Bedang to Dhugtu camp(3200 M) : 10 km :4 hours.
Dhugtu To Dar camp(2565 M) : 5 km 2 hr trek
Dar To Dharchula(1820M) :38 km : 2 hr drive
Dharchula To Kathgodam : 260 km -7 Hours
- Local transport from rail head/airport to last road head.
- Professional Guide, Leader and instructors who has extensive knowledge & experience of the route.
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/tea).
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters/mules for carrying only for ration equipment and utensil etc.
- Equipment’s – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping bag matters./climbing boot(koplac) /crampon/ ice-x or all technical equipment.
- Basic First aid Kit.
- Forest Permit, camping charges and vaiosfire charges.
- IMF charges.
- Personal Porters for carrying backpacks of trekkers.
- Personal trekking equipment – like trekking poles, rucksack, thermal, cap, pea cap etc
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures Like ( head lamp with battery mi 4 pair, Sun cream, shocks min 4 pair gloves min 2 pair, Rain cover or umbrella, flees upper & lower, feather jacket etc..
No Details Found