Nanda Ghunti is a 6,309-metre-high (20,699 ft) mountain in Garhwal, India. It lies on the outer rim of the Nanda Devi Sanctuary. The mountain was first surveyed by T. G. Longstaff in 1907. Eric Shipton surveyed it from the west in…
- Itinerary Details
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Nanda Ghunti is a 6,309-metre-high (20,699 ft) mountain in Garhwal, India. It lies on the outer rim of the Nanda Devi Sanctuary. The mountain was first surveyed by T. G. Longstaff in 1907. Eric Shipton surveyed it from the west in 1931. The first serious attempt to reach the summit was made by B. R. Goodfellow and J. Buzzard (UK) in 1944. Finally, a Swiss team under André Roch made the first ascent in 1947 via the east ridge.
The first Indian ascent was made in 1960. This expedition was organized by the Himalayan Institute (later named the Himalayan Association) of Kolkata under the leadership of Sukumar Roy and patronised by Ashok Sarkar of the Anandabazar Patrika. The approach was made via the east ridge, and the summit was reached on 22 October 1960. Summiters were Sukumar Roy and Nima Tashi. Other team members included Dilip Banerjee, Nimai Bose, Dhruba Majumder, Bishwadeb Biswas,sport journalist Gour Kishore Ghosh and Pemba Norbu and Asim Mukhopadhyay
- Route /Area - Garhwal Himalayas
- Duration - 17 Days
- Accommodations - Tents / Hotel
- Transport - Jeep, Bus,Tavera
- Altitude/terrain - 6309
Rishikesh to Sitel VillageVia Ghat /Karnaprayag : 240 km : 8 Hours
Sitel Village to Tatra Village : Drive & Trek : 5 to 6 hours
Tatra Village to Latakopri : Trek 8 to 9 Hours
Latakopri to Chandaniya Ghat : Trek 8 to 9 Hours
Chandan Ghat to Homkund(Base Camp) : 6-7 Hours trek
Acclimatization day & Loading day
Homkund to Main Homkund (Advance Base camp) : 5 Hours
to day 12 : Camp I & Summit attempt back to Advance base camp.
ABC to Base Camp
base camp to bhujyani : 6 Hours
Bhujyani to Latakopri : 7 Hours
Latakopri to Sutol/Sitel Village : 7 Hours
Sutol/Sitel to Rishikesh : 240 Km : 8 Hours
- Local transport from Rishikesh
- Professional Guide, Leader and instructors who has extensive knowledge & experience of the route.
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/tea).
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters/mules for carrying only for ration equipment and utensil etc.
- Equipment’s – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping bag matters./climbing boot(koplac) /crampon/ ice-x or all technical equipment.
- Basic First aid Kit.
- Forest Permit, camping charges and wayosfire charges.
- IMF charges.
- Personal Porters for carrying backpacks of trekkers.
- Personal trekking equipment – like trekking poles, rucksack, thermal, cap, peacap etc
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures Like ( head lamp with battery mi 4 pair, Sun cream, shocks min 4 pair gloves min 2 pair, Rain cover or umbrella, philees upper & lower, feather jacket etc..
No Details Found